As we work closely in partnership with Hampshire Care Association, we are very pleased to tell you that we have negotiated FREE entry to the upcoming HCA, GDPR Information Morning, for our members. Up to 2 people from each member provider may book tickets for the event (subject to availability).
GDPR Awareness for Care Homes Information Morning
Thursday 3rd May 2018 (9am – 1pm)
KCC – Upper Northam Road, Hedge End, Hants, SO30 4BZ
As we know what a huge topic GDPR is, we have partnered with one of our Patrons, Cura Systems, to host an Information Morning focused specifically on the implications of GDPR for Care Homes.
The 4 hour session will cover the following areas and then be followed by a question & answer session:
- What does GDPR cover and how does it apply to care homes?
- How will Brexit impact GDPR and my care home?
- What are the main differences between GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998?
- What are the Principles within GDPR and how can my care home comply with each one?
- What rights do individuals have under GDPR (and the new Data Protection Bill) and how will changes impact my care home?
- How can technology ease the path to my care home’s GDPR compliance and improve customer confidence?
- What documentation and policies should my care home have in place?
- What are the consequence for failure to comply and how should care homes identify, manage and report breaches of GDPR?
- What other vital data protection legislation should I be aware of to support my care home’s GDPR compliance?
- Course summary and key steps to GDPR compliance checklist review
- Where can I find out more about GDPR to support my care home’s compliance?
Tickets are FREE to HCA & HDCP members and £45 per person for non-members.