HDCP has grown in strength over recent years, establishing strong links and communication routes with the local authorities across the county. We believe we have a highly representative collective voice through our association which will continue to provide members with unparalleled support in these uncertain and ever changing times. More recently, we have re-established links with Hampshire Care Association, offering greater benefits, including –
- Access to Hampshire Care Association seminars
- Joint award events
- Plans to work together to overcome current challenges and achieve better conditions with Local Authorities and CCG’s
Our Mission Statement
It is the mission of HDCP to affect and maintain high professional standards in home care and Care Worker agencies throughout Hampshire by:
- Keeping its members up to date through our website, workshops, information days, seminars and newsletters
- Advising its members of any legislation enacted or matter relevant to the running of a service
- Providing a recognised, responsible body to represent the interests and views of members to Adult Services, Primary Care Trusts, other public bodies, media and the general public
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas between members for mutual support and assistance
- Providing information, services and resources to members that will further enhance knowledge and understanding of social care
The association is run by a dedicated Executive Committee, who bring with them a wealth of knowledge and experience.
HDCP Executive CommitteeChair
From the time I qualified as a nurse in 1978 and a midwife 1980, and through all the experience I gained in leading local hospitals, nursing homes and care agencies, I had a vision of the ideal at home care services provider, and set up my own domiciliary company ‘Crown Home Care’ based in Hartley Wintney in Hampshire to help enable clients to remain at home if they wish to.
HDCP Executive CommitteeDeputy Chair
I am a Director of Caring Hands, providing services in Fareham, Gosport and surrounding areas. I have worked in the care industry on and off throughout my working live, joining Caring Hands in 2008. I joined HDCP’s Executive Board in 2011 and am Vice Chair. My roles within HDCP include representing Providers in Fareham and Gosport and organizing their local network meeting meetings, attending HDCP/HCC Liaison meetings and working really hard towards a fair rate for care by Local Authorities.
HDCP Executive CommitteeTreasurer
I am the Managing Director of a group of companies providing a wide range of care services principally across Hampshire. The Contemplation Group owns and operates 8 Residential Care and Nursing Homes, 4 homes for adults with Learning Difficulties and a Home Care service. I have been working in the Care Industry for 11 years and been an executive member of HDCP (of which I am Treasurer) and Hampshire Care Association since 2009.
HDCP Executive Committee
I am the Registered Manager of a small domiciliary care company in Portsmouth and also manage a Care Home with Nursing. I have been working in the Care Industry since 1985 and been an executive member of HDCP since 2009. My main role within the Association is that of Portsmouth City Representative, ensuring Providers are kept informed of changes within the industry and maintaining excellent working links with ASC and CCG.
HDCP Executive Committee
Nick is managing director of Right at Home Mid Hampshire which provides high quality domiciliary care in the community with a current workforce of about 70 caregivers. He also joint leads a local Dementia Action Group, sits on the exec committee of HDCP, and on a committee of the Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board.